Thursday, December 24, 2009

It was one of those days...

the kind where you feel blessed beyond words!

This Christmas Eve, we started our new tradition of having dinner and family here at home.  I love being home, surrounded by people I love, spending the morning making a meal that will nourish and bless those that are able to come.  I am hoping, especially if we move closer, that our family from Methuen will be able to be with us on Christmas Eve in future years.

My Mom arrived around 10:30 this morning (my Dad had to work and came around 2:00) and the Moore's and Miss Robin got here at 12:00.  Everyone was so excited to see each other and you could see the excitement on the faces of the children!  The Moore's and Robin brought the most scrumptious, homemade desserts I have ever seen in one room at the same time!  Apple cranberry pie (with the best, homemade crust), pumpkin turtle pie, cherry chocolate torte, sugar cookies with icing...yum!  I think we had enough to feed a small army!  Christie also made her delicious avocado/feta dip with chips and a side dish that could be dessert all by itself, southern sweet potato casserole!  For dinner, we had a very traditional Christmas feast...turkey, cranberry apple stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, cranberry sauce, green beans, bread...everything was wonderful and nobody left hungry!

After dinner we opened gifts and the kids played for the rest of the afternoon with their new things.  Just a happy, happy afternoon.  Here are some pics...





Tonight, we finished wrapping for the boys.  Al put together "Lucky" the horse for Matthew...



The house is clean and ready for the morning.  Here's what I am looking at now...I'm sure it will look quite different at 7am tomorrow!!



A highlight tomorrow morning will be our breakfast of homemade biscuits and jam (thank you, dear Christie!) and a cup of coffee from our new Keurig (thank you Mom and Dad!)

Tomorrow we are looking forward to spending the day with the Markert Family.  We are praying for Al's sister Pamela as she isn't feeling well.  We hope she is feeling better tomorrow after a good night's rest and she will be able to enjoy her day!

Merry Christmas to all!!


1 comment: